Monday, March 12, 2012

Finding Local Inspiration

What a weekend!


Not only was the Denver-Metro temperature in the 60's, but treasure hunting was at its best! Below are my finds, and my Pindie Pinterest Challenge entries.


1. I'd never been to an estate sale where the police AND local news were in attendance, until this weekend. Thanks to Ashley of Dingaling Vintage, guest blogger over at The Horseshoe Market, I found out about "The House That Time Forgot." And who could forget this estate?! Packed to the brim with vintage clothes, paper ephemera dated early 1900's, and original art, the sale, hosted by Cobblestone Too!, was quite the adventure in treasure hunting and history.


I picked up this wood lined, antique suitcase marked W. J. Gibbs, Boulder, CO, No.7.


And a simple Colorado badge to add to my growing 'all things Colorado' collection.


2. If the estate sale wasn't enough, this weekend was the beginning of artisan market season too! So I headed over to the delightful Sugar Plum Bazaar and found a couple more goodies to call my own.


Colorado is a dry state, and I don't mean sans liquor. I mean the air is deadly to skin. So I was on the lookout for some lotion or salve to feed my parched hands and face, and found the delightful Elizabeth of Amber Bath ready to help me out. Not only does Elizabeth embody the indie artisan spirit, she was a joy to talk with as well. Check out her website, as well, her line is available at choice Whole Foods grocers. I walked away with the following frappe, SALVEation, and soap (the soap a freebie because I liked Amber Bath on FB--thanks Elizabeth!).


As you might expect amongst the artisan vendor crowd, Elizabeth was kind enough to introduce me to Sara of Make My Notebook--a line of hand silkscreened notebooks made to order based on color, filler paper, and binding. I love her simple yet bold designs. In addition to her notebooks, Sara had some garden planner binders for sale. I had to pick one up since I'm falling behind on my own garden planning!


So there you have it--my take-aways from the weekend! Thanks to all the artisan vendors who continue to inspire me on my creative journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment